Operations Research Engineers design, develop, and apply engineering, mathematical models, simulation and optimization models to drive solutions to complex manufacturing and supply chain problems.
Identify and solves highly complex problems in factory performance, loading, equipment performance, decision science and, supply and distribution network problems.
Require a through understanding of the factory (Fab and A / T) environment and supply chain knowledge to develop complex engineering models and apply them to identify and drive solutions.
Build, develop, validate and apply mathematically based decision algorithms, heuristics, optimization and simulation models and tools.
Work closely with the business units to identify root causes, define the strategic and tactical needs and drive the appropriate business and technical solutions.
Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal technical training, business knowledge and judgment.
The experienced candidate requires a Masters in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Management Science or related discipline with a focus on deterministic / stochastic optimization modeling and programming.
Additional qualifications include :
1. Solid Operations Research OR knowledge, especially Linear Programming LP, Mixed Integer Programming MIP, Constraints Programming CP, etc.
2. Familiarity with commercial optimization / constraints programming tools such as ILOG CPLEX, Concert, Gurobi, etc.
3. Programming experience in C and LP solvers.
4. Demonstrated work and familiarity with database management systems, such as SQL Server, etc.
5. Good understanding on supply chain management / operations management, especially production planning and execution.
6. Strong problem solving and analysis skills. Ability to identify root causes of problems and synthesizes effective practical solution approaches, implementing these solutions under the tactical pressure of producing a plan.
7.Committed and highly motivated team player with strong communication skill.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-
art from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support.
Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly / test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth