About Us :
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of commercial, military and business and general aviation jet and turboprop engines and components as well as avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for aircraft with a global service network to support these offerings.
GE Aviation’s presence in Malaysia dates back to over 25 years ago when the national carrier, Malaysia Airlines, began using GE’s engines for their A300 and DC10 aircrafts.
Incorporated in 1997, GE Engine Services Malaysia partnered with Malaysia Airlines to establish a Center of Excellence for CFM56 engines.
Today, the engine maintenance, repair and overhaul facility serves over 30 airlines throughout Asia.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary :
Internship with Controllership team to facilitate with closing process, account reconciliation, statutory audit, cash management and ad hoc projects.
Candidate will be exposed to GEESM overall accounting process from data entry, how it gets recorded into accounting system to financial statements.
We are looking for candidate that is able to work independently, a fast learner with strong focus on process improvement & simplification.
Essential Responsibilities :
1. Account reconciliation / Statutory audit : To assist that account reconciliation tally to trial balance for submission to KPMG.
2. Cash management : To assist with analysis of incoming and outgoing of funds and identify gaps for cash flows. To assist controller to improve the process of cash forecasting.
3. Fixed assets management : To assist controller to clean up fixed assets register and improvement process for fixed assets.
4. Ad hoc projects
Qualifications / Requirements :
1. Undergoing Degree / Diploma in Accounting / Business Administration / Finance
2. Good interpersonal skills & written proficiency in English
3. Computer literate, good knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
Desired Characteristics :
1. Able to work in teams
2. Demonstrates proactive behavior and takes initiatives
3. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
4. Fast learner and willing to go the extra mile
5. Strong focus on process improvement & simplification
Locations : Malaysia; Subang